1) Varina finally beats Hermitage: Instead of finding a team mad at a robbed loss last week having their home opener, Varina met a Hermitage team that could not stay with the Blue Devils' athleticism. Herb Anderson found the end zone twice, with the first TD and the final insurance TD as Varina won its first game against the Panthers since 2008, 28-12, to go to 3-0 on the season.
2) Glen Allen tried valiantly for a "signature win" at home against Mills Godwin, but fell short as they couldn't cash it in on two occasions in Eagles territory, and Godwin survived their trip to Staples Mill Road, 26-20. Both teams are now 2-1 and Mills Godwin goes to Ashland to face Patrick Henry next Friday while Glen Allen will travel to Armstrong, suddenly another tough test for the Jags as Armstrong easily handled Colonial Heights tonight.
3) Douglas Freeman gets a "signature win" and starts 3-0 for the first time in the 21st Century. It was the Rebel defense that shined the most at William Long Stadium, holding Atlee to just 14 points. They came in having scored 111 points in their first two games. Freeman goes to winless Deep Run next week. Could that be a trap game? Will the Rebels overlook the Wildcats?
1) The J.R. Tucker Marching Band Free For All 9 takes places ALL day long Saturday at Fred Wells Stadium as bands from all over the Richmond area will perform. Admission is FREE!!!
2) Glen Allen Day! We know the Jaguars Music Department will be well represented at the Parade and Day festivities at Crump Park tomorrow!
3) Highland Springs Head Coach Loren Johnson is scheduled to join Rob Witham LIVE at 7:30pm Monday on "Central Region LIVE!" on WHAN Radio, 102.9 FM and 1430 AM. The Highland Springs/Hanover game next Friday will be heard on WHAN and online here at HenricoCountySports.net!